Your Cleaning list
- Make up the beds every morning; a tidy bed makes doe neater room. Fold blankets and fluff up pillows.
- Change linens once a week.
- Change curtains at least once a month or as needed.
- Clean air conditioner vents and change filters every two weeks.
- Rid the headboard, side tables, and tucador of clutter. Check makeup, lotions, astringents, and powders. Toss out empty containers and near-empty containers if the cosmetics are more than six months old.
- Clean cabinets and drawers. Chuck items you no longer need or want into the empty box you have ready. Rearrange clothing in cabinets and drawers.
- Clean windows and screens.
- Dust furniture and knickknacks with a wet rag wrung out until almost dry. Dry wet surfaces with a second rag.
- Damp-mop, wax, and polish floor.
HOW TO CLEAN
BED Remove the linens then vacuum both sides of the mattress to get rid of colonies of dust mites. If you don’t have vacuum cleaners bring the mattress outside at least once a week for some sunning.
AIR CONDITIONER Clean the air-con filter by washing it once a week in soap and water. Contact an air-con technician once every quarter for cleaning.
TIPS FOR A TIDY SPACE
- To keep your room organized, invest in sturdy storage boxes or shelves. Place items that you use only once a year, such as Halloween and Christmas decorations, in the back of the closet. Place items that you use more often like suitcase and other knickknacks near the entrance.
- Clean these rooms at least every six months or once a year. Periodically look over what’s in there and get rid of things you don’t really need anymore. Hold a garage sale, recycle, or give the items away.